Saturday, August 25, 2007

baptism

so i got baptized today. i think it surprised a lot of people who just assumed i'd been baptized already. truth is i've put it off for a long time for many different reasons, none of them even remotely legitimate. i got convicted of this blatant disobedience recently and decided to finally obey. i got baptized with my friend and brother in Christ, Ray. the following is my testimony i read:

My walk with Christ has been a slow process. I knew about Jesus from an early age, but it hasn’t been until very recently, probably the last year that I really feel like I am actually starting to know him authentically. My whole life I’ve been a consumer…of things, of experiences, and of church. My faith in Jesus has been shallow and borrowed, which is really no faith at all. I have rebelled against getting baptized for a long time. And while I’ve called the reasons different names, it really all boils down to blatant prideful rebellion. So today for me represents honestly acknowledging my disobedience toward Christ and admitting I’m an incredibly prideful and sinful person. Jesus has shown me through scripture that the only true way to life is in his death, burial, and resurrection. And that’s why I’m here, to publicly repent and ask for Jesus’ forgiveness.

click the picture for more pictures.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome MD! I admire your decision!

The Dizzy said...

Nice. That was tremendous!

Anonymous said...

You're right. I had assumed you had been. However, it takes so much for a grown man to submit to anything, and for that, I applaud you. My own bro in law is struggling with this and has still not come to that decision. By the way, have a great anniversary! It's Saturday, right? #6?